1 June 2024 07:00 Man convicted of murder of his partner after Met investigation He will be sentenced at the same court on Monday, 3 June.

A man who murdered his partner after she said she wanted to end their relationship has been convicted following an investigation by Met detectives.

Leon Murray (06.11.88) of no fixed address, was found guilty on Friday, 31 May following a trial at Wood Green Crown Court.

Murray fatally stabbed his partner Keisha Christodoulou the day after she told him she no longer wanted to be with him.

Detective Inspector Adam Clifton, who led the investigation, said: “Murray’s horrific response to Keisha deciding to end their relationship is as senseless as it is selfish. Throughout the investigation and trial, Murray has tried to paint himself as a victim. The verdict of the jury shows that they rejected this.

“The level of violence used in the attack is utterly shocking and our thoughts remain with Keisha’s family and friends, particularly her three young children whose lives will never be the same.

“Tackling violence against women is one of our top priorities and we will continue in our efforts to bring dangerous perpetrators like Murray to justice. I would encourage anyone suffering domestic abuse to seek support.”

On 31 October 2022, Keisha ended their relationship. The next day, Murray travelled to their flat in Tanner’s Hill, Deptford where he stabbed her 17 times. He then changed his clothes and went to pick up their six-year-old daughter from school.

On arrival, he told a member of staff that ‘it is done’ and that he had ‘ended’ Keisha. Staff quickly called 999, as did Murray, telling police what he had done.

Officers attended the flat and found Keisha, who was just 32, on the living room floor. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, she was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as sharp force trauma to the chest.

Murray admitted killing Keisha but his defence claimed diminished responsibility. The jury accepted the prosecution’s argument that Murray had no substantial impairment of his responsibility and that he knew what he was doing.

He will be sentenced at the same court on Monday, 3 June.